Although I love Connor dearly, and he is my cuddle-bug, today I am ever so thankful that he went back to school! It’s great having him around the house, but with him at school, Kyle will actually take a nap (God forbid he miss anything his big brother does!), and since he’s on inhaled steroids for the pneumonia, he talks NON-STOP. Seriously. Every. Minute. Of. The. Day. Peace and quiet are definitely under-rated!
We also donated a large play kitchen to The Epilepsy Foundation along with some toys that go with it today. Some child is going to love that kitchen as much as Connor did, and I hope they pass it on when they’re done playing with it like we did.
And as a bonus today, I’m going to give you a super-easy recipe for Roasted Oatmeal Apples!
- 1 Apple per person
- Quaker Instant Cinnamon Oatmeal (1 package makes around 2-3 apples, depending on how much oatmeal you want)
- Raisins (if desired)
- Brown Sugar (if desired)
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel and core apples – do not slice.
- Tear pieces of foil large enough to wrap each apple.
- Pour oatmeal into apple centers, top with a small pat of butter. Cover butter with more oatmeal and brown sugar if desired. (I didn’t use brown sugar, and they were still delicious!)
- Top with raisins (they aren’t necessary, but boy are they good!).
- Bake until the apples are soft (usually around 10-15 minutes for red apples, longer for green apples).
The beauty of the recipes I’ve been giving you is that not only do they minimize the number of dirty dishes you use, but they can also be prepared over hot coals if you enjoy having backyard campfires!