I wasn’t going to post again today, but I’ve been tagged by Elle at This is Mommyhood to post 10 things you don’t know about me. This is going to be especially tricky, since I think I used up everything in my 30 Interesting Things About Me post. Well, let’s see what I can do.
- I almost got to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Boston. You know, the kind of show that’s featured in Fame. I was going with a friend of mine (who happened to be a guy) who got all dressed and made up for it. My stinking car broke down. I’ve been pissed about it ever since.
- Way back when, I used to drink. A LOT. To the tune of three pints of tequila in one night, a lot. Now, all it takes is two Mike’s Hard Lemonades and I’m set for the day.
- There was a period in my young, pre-common-sense-and-style-days that people told me I should have been born in the 60s. At the time, I was around 19, attending art school (which shouldn’t have even been called school – it was too fun!), and had royal blue streaks in my hair. I also wore lots of ripped jeans and “drug-rugs”.
- I cry my ass off every time I watch The Little Mermaid. I bawl like a baby. So much that the first time my now 5yo son spontaneously gave me a kiss was when we were watching it and I was singing and totally lost it…I think he was around 2.
- It’s a good thing I don’t have a cast-iron frying pan on a belt key-ring. I would totally use it like 20 times a day.
- Bumblebee is my favorite Transformer. I will someday have a bumblebee Camaro.
- I am still (at 39-years-old) intimidated by teachers and authority figures. I know, it’s really dumb. I’m working on it.
- When I was young, I had a thing for older men. Holy crap was that a waste of time!
- My parents took me to see the play “Annie” when I was in second grade. They wanted to show me that I could be okay even though I was adopted.
- I know way more about alcoholism and drug addiction that I ever wanted to. They both run in my family, and I narrowly missed getting messed up permanently myself.
Oh wow, am I glad that’s over. I think I my have had a minor brain aneurism. I’m tagging the following bloggers, and if they don’t post
I’m going to hunt them down and kill them it’s totally not my fault it’s okay, but here they are.