My favorite blogs, huh? Ouch. This is going to take a while…there are way too many good ones! One of these days I’m going to do a button exchange so I can get them all in my sidebar! Please keep in mind that these aren’t in any particular order (except maybe by the order they appear in my faves, lol!)…
- The Bloggess – If you aren’t easily offended, Jenny will often make you cry with laughter! I read her blog every time she posts so I can laugh hard enough that I can avoid killing my husband. She is also a paid writer, and my hero. She is the Queen of being Furiously Happy and Ridiculously Silly. You can also find her on The Stir at CafeMom.com. My suggestion would be to read her blog from the current posts to the past ones, until you get to the one titled “And then I Staged a Live Zombie Apocalypse in Utah“. Watch the video, and you will understand a lot.
- All & Sundry – This blog is both touching and funny. Linda has a wonderful sense of humor, and never takes herself too seriously. Linda is also a columnist on The Stir.
Funny…I found both of these blogs quite by accident, and didn’t find out until later that they’re both regular writers on other websites! I think I’m beginning to see a trend here, too…all the blogs I read are about parenting with a twist of humor.
- Amber Dusick – Amber is absolutely hysterical! Since she separated a popular part of her blog out to it’s own site, I am now following both…because you just can’t have enough Parenting. Illustrated with Crappy Pictures!
- Blue Monkey Butt – These sisters play off each other in a way I never thought possible. They are funny, witty, and a pleasure to read!
- Dooce – This blog is an interesting combination of humor, seriousness and photography. She is also earning a real living from her home! Enough that she has an assistant! I am so jealous.
- How to be a Dad – Charlie and Andy are beyond hilarious, and give a rare view at parenting from the other side of the gender fence…with a little “guy grossness” thrown in.
- Kindness girl – This blog is a wonderful reminder of goodness in the world. She and her family promote random acts of kindness, and once my little one is a little bigger, I’d like to follow suit.
- Mommy Dish – Jodi and I are almost neighbors! She blogs about her family and food (she’s a vegetarian, but cooks all sorts of good stuff for her family), and some of the recipes on her site are just to die for! Her stories are funny, and come straight from the heart.
- Mommy Needs a Cocktail – Kristen is not for the faint of heart or easily offended, but she really is very funny!
- Observations of a Crazy World – Leann is a friend of mine, and not only does she have a great sense of humor, but she’ll get you thinking as well. Her posts always remind me not to forget what’s important, no matter what’s going on in the world.
- Rookie Moms – This blog is full of great advice, contests, links that will help you save, and more! Another nice thing about this site – they focus on moms just as much as parenting and kids.
- Small Town Mommy – This is the first blog I ever read on a regular basis. I found Anne right before I found Stacy and Elle at Blue Monkey Butt. She’s funny, sincere, and not afraid to admit that she’s not perfect. She also has a cat named Oreo who is extremely discriminated against.
- Stacy Uncorked – Stacy’s blog is the one in the bunch that features music! She regularly posts her fave songs, and I’ve found visiting her site to find tunes I haven’t heard yet, as well as get a good laugh. Her kids (Princess Nagger and Little Dude) can be a handful!
- This is Mommyhood – Elle is hilarious! And a very kind soul, to boot.
- Unfrump My Mom – I love this writer’s sense of humor. She refers to herself as “an embedded journalist writing from the front lines in the war against frump”.
- Woulda Coulda Shoulda – What to say about Mir? Well, as with all the others on this list, she loves laughing at herself, but she’s far more than just humor. Her posts are thought-provoking and touching, and make me realize that we are never alone in this adventure we call life.
- Motherhood Uncensored – Just as advertised, she holds nothing back in her writing about being a mother.
Whew! That took a while!
If your blog didn’t make the list, please don’t feel bad! Chances are you aren’t in my favorites list because I’ve subscribed to you via RSS (which I will post about soon!), and just haven’t added you to my faves yet. Syncing my RSS feed blogs with the ones in my faves is on my to-do list!
A note to those of you whose blogs I read and follow (even if you didn’t make the list!) – Thank you so much for all your work…you’ve all been a huge inspiration to me in more ways than you’ll ever know!