Since I missed posting for the Blog Challenge two days in a row, I’m going to post them all today! Two of them won’t come up til later, I’m going to a party tonight without the kids for the first time in 5 1/2 years! WOOHOO! (We had no internet virtually all day Thursday, and Friday Kyle had a major case of the teething screamies, but I somehow managed to change my theme – yet again!)
So here goes…
- 6:00am – Get up and feed Kyle and change his diaper, make sure hubby is out of bed.
- 6:30am – Make coffee, brush teeth and hair, get cup of coffee.
- 6:45am – Relax and check e-mail while Kyle plays.
- 7:00am – Get Connor out of bed, and make him go potty (for some reason, he hasn’t figured out that he always has to pee when he wakes up).
- 7:15am – Make Connor brush his teeth and make him breakfast, tell him he can’t play his video game.
- 7:30am – Work on discussion replies for school while the boys play.
- 8:00am – Give Kyle a bottle, change his diaper again.
- 8:30am – Bring laundry downstairs and put in a load. Empty and refill dishwasher.
- 9:15am – Try to get Kyle to sleep and switch 1st load of laundry to dryer, put another load in the washing machine.
- 10:00am – Give the boys a bath, dry them off and get them dressed.
- 10:45am – Stop Connor from bringing all his legos in the den, where Kyle might get at them – and explain to him that yes, he can do it himself, tell him he can’t play his video game yet.
- 11:00am – Switch last load of laundry over, get into what becomes a major issue telling Connor to stop jumping on the furniture, cringe at Kyle crying in the background because Connor is upset.
- 12:00pm – Deal with another jumping on the furniture incident – this one resulting in a time out while I make lunch for the boys.
- 12:30pm – Realize I only have 1 hour to get all of us ready and out the door to bring Connor to mum’s house so she can bring him to a cookout.
- 12:45pm – Frantically get the boys to finish eating, as I gather up all the necessary gear for an hour+ car ride, and change what I would have sworn was a poopy diaper, that in fact had no poop.
- 1:15pm – Drive to mum’s house, explain (again) to a tearful Connor that he’s going to the cookout with his Memere and Grampa, but Mamma is going home with Kyle.
- 2:45pm – Get McDonald’s because I’m starving as I still haven’t eaten yet today. (I have no idea why, but I constantly forget to feed myself while I’m feeding the boys!)
- 3:00pm – Panic because I don’t know if mum will get back with Connor in time for me to shower, and since Kyle took a nap each way to and from her house, he probably won’t sleep again until tonight.
- 3:15pm – Start to put away as many toys and as much laundry as I can and put another load of laundry in.
- 3:20pm – Take a break to blog – so I don’t forget, lol!
And we’re here – at 3:21, and me writing this blog. I’m off to finish cleaning up the house (as long as Kyle doesn’t flip out if I pop out of sight for a few seconds here and there), and get ready for the party. The rest of my day will go something like this…
- 4:30pm – Finish cleaning up house, greet mum, make dinner (what we’re going to have, I have no idea, lol!).
- 5:00pm – Take a shower, get dressed and made up.
- 5:30pm – Get Connor to finish eating, and grab a quick bite for myself.
- 6:00pm – Leave for the party.
- 10:00pm – Come home, blog some more, go to bed. (I’m actually hoping I’ll get to stay later than that, but we’ll see.)