It’s ELECTION Day! Any idea what I’m thankful for today? That’s right – my right to vote for who I think should be President. Don’t worry, I’m not telling who I’m voting for or getting political on you, just wanted to express my gratitude for my part in the process and remind you all to get out there and VOTE!
Our contribution to saving our planet for the past two days is that we’re donating a bunch of toys that are in almost-brand-new condition to the Epilepsy Foundation instead of throwing them away.
Here’s the recipe for Banana Boats…they’re super-easy and DELICIOUS!
- 1 Banana per person
- Milk Chocolate Chips or other small candy that will melt
- Mini Marshmallows
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Leave the banana peel on, and slice along the inside of the curve of the banana twice (make sure you don’t cut through the peel on the other side!), and remove a thin wedge of banana. Open up the space left by the wedge you removed to make room for the yummy sweetness of chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Layer chocolate chips or whatever candy you chose to use along the bottom of the space in the banana.
- Layer marshmallows in the remaining space.
- Wrap banana in aluminum foil – I find it helps if you are able to stand the banana on the outside of it’s curve that it’s easier to get them out of the oven and makes them easier to eat.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until warm and chocolate and marshmallows are melted.